Simple Oven Fajitas Recipe
One of the first meals I ever cooked for Taylor were these simple oven fajitas. We absolutely love them and make them at least once every couple weeks. They are super simple and easy. We usually prep the same night, but this is something you could easily prep the night before and just toss in the oven after work.
We have include the recipe for the fajitas, plus the homemade fajita seasoning.
Simple Oven Fajitas
Chicken fajitas made quickly, easily and delicious.
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Bell Peppers, Any Colors
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Lime
- 8 6" Tortillas
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese of Choice
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Bunch Cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the spices for the fajita seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into 1/4-inch wide strips. Place them in a large 13x15-inch casserole dish or a large baking sheet. Slice the chicken breast into very thin strips and add it to the casserole dish with the vegetables.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning mix over top. Use your hands to toss the ingredients until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- Squeeze the juice from half of the lime over top of the meat and vegetables after they come out of the oven.
- Scoop a small amount of meat and vegetables into the center of each tortilla. Top with a few sprigs of cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and an extra squeeze of lime if desired.
We are big Hannaford shoppers and absolutely love Hannaford To-Go!
Leave a Comment